- Category: ICT for education
- Published: Monday, 01 May 2017 12:58
- Written by Yves Cedric NTSAMA
- Hits: 319
The "Digital Schools" program initiated by Orange Foundation Cameroon aims to promote the integration of ICT in Education in Cameroon and more specifically aims to provide touch tablets and thousands of digital educational content to schools located in rural areas and , Providing disadvantaged children with better access to quality education.
The Orange Foundation Cameroon has called on ECOLIA Labs to provide training for the pedagogical mediators of Orange Cameroon and all the teachers of the Digital Schools of the 10 regions of Cameroon. A total of 30 elementary schools (3 per region) will benefit from this program and will receive a digital kit consisting of a Raspberry Pi mini server, a video projector and 50 touch tablets.
To train teachers of digital schools in Cameroon, pedagogically and technically to integrate the digital tablet into their teaching / learning activities.
At the end of this 3-day training, the skills acquired by the teacher should enable him to :
- Master the use of the Digital Kit consisting of a Raspberry mini server, digital tablets and thousands of digital teaching resources available on the server,
- Identify Techno-pedagogical skills that will enable him to animate his classroom using tablets and Digital learning resources,
- Identify the pedagogical approaches that best correspond to the use of tablets in the classroom,
- Identify the advantages and challenges of tablets in school context,
- Develop new skills for students that will be useful to them throughout their lives.
This collaboration marks the willingness of the two institutions to come together to offer innovative, intelligent and sustainable solutions to the challenges of access to quality education and equal opportunities for all disadvantaged young people in Cameroon.
Please Don't forget to support our crowdfunding campaign in order to help us create a startup incubator and a coworking space in Yaounde (Cameroon). thank you in advance !
SUPPORT OUR PROJECT