- Category: Opportunities
- Published: Wednesday, 10 May 2017 12:58
- Written by Yves Cedric NTSAMA
- Hits: 349
Deadline : 30th of June, 2017
About the Challenge
Are you ready to make a difference?
The aim of the idea challenge is to enhance creativity, openness and knowledge exchange between students, makers, labs, engineers, designers, and other technology developers irrespective of their technological proficiencies. Moreover, Make A Difference will provide an opportunity for nine (9) selected participants from around the world to develop their ideas into physical product by visiting our fabrication laboratory (OLab Hamburg) for a weeklong development workshop. Lastly, Make A Difference includes the chance to utilize the full potential of FabLabs, increasing the visibility of FabLabs, as well as taking the first practical steps to foster a twinning strategy between all innovation stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
Make A Difference will be focused on ideas that provide solutions that are of social and ecological impact. The following are the focus areas of this year’s challenge :
- Needs of Refugees
- Ecological sustainability
All submissions will be rated by the community using a fair and safe online voting functionality. We reserve us the right to prevent voting anomalies and cheating.
Join the competition
Take your chance to tell the world about your idea, get lots of feedback and build your product at our fablab.
- Have a great idea for a physical product
- Describe and submit your idea on this website
- Give qualitative feedback on other projects.
- Win the contest and get the chance to build your product at our FabLab.
- Trip to Hamburg
- Prototyping materials resources
Other prizes include:
- 3D Printer
- (More prizes will be updated soon)
The selection criteria for the idea challenge are as follows:
- Impact level
- Manufacturability in a FabLab
For more informations, go to the Idea Challenge 2017 "Make a Difference" website